Gainesville Water Removal Services
What Should You Expect with Water Removal Services?If this is your first time needing water removal services for your Gainseville home, you might be wondering what is involved in the process.
It’s only natural to be curious, especially since the situation is new to you. Here is a look at what to expect in general, although the exact process might vary depending on the company that you request to perform water extraction services for you.
- Initial Contact: Once you call the water restoration company, you can make arrangements for service. You can also ask any questions that you have.
- Damage Evaluation: When the technicians arrive, they’ll assess your home for water damage, using specialized equipment to identify affected areas as well as the extent of the contamination. It is important for the technicians to determine how much of the home has undergone water damage so that steps can be taken to remedy the problem.
- Water Extraction: Specialized vacuums and pumps are used to remove as much of the water as possible from the home. It is important that this step take place as quickly as possible to minimize the growth of bacteria, molds, and mildew. In most cases, moisture sensors are used to identify the presence of water damage in hidden places within the walls or beneath the floors.
- Drying Process: Once the extraction process takes place, dehumidifiers and air movers are used to dry the room and all of its contents. Since the technicians are experts in water removal services, they have the skills needed to determine how many dehumidifiers and air movers for each room that has experienced flooding damage.
- Cleaning: Items that can be restored to their pre-flood condition are cleaned thoroughly and dried. Structural elements of the home also undergo cleaning.
- Sanitization: The sanitization process is designed to eliminate the growth of microbial agents that can lead to health issues. Deodorization also takes place in order to eliminate unpleasant smells arising from water intrusion.
- Restorations: Efforts are made to restore your home and its contents to useable, pre-flood condition. Items that cannot be restored are identified during water removal services, so that the homeowner can replace them.