Here at The Best Restoration, we proudly have IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration) nationally certified water damage specialists. This certification means that we can guarantee that the job will be done right.
All IICRC-certified professionals have the training and experience to identify moisture sources, evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected), contain damage, remove contamination and dry materials to ensure that mold will not return.
That being said, when water damage occurs, this is what the IICRC and our specialists suggest while waiting for professionals to arrive:
- Stop the water leak and attend to the obvious safety hazards, such as electrical shock and personal injury from slips and falls
- Open windows, fans and heating and air conditioning systems to increase airflow
- In order to maintain optimal air circulation and promote drying, open doors, drawers, cupboards and closets
- To protect furniture legs from absorption and damage with triple-folded aluminum foil, move furniture out of wet areas
- Hang up draperies and pin up upholstery skirts to prevent water rings and allow leather items to dry at room temperature
- Wash wet clothes, sheets and linens immediately and hang cleanable fabrics up to dry.
- Do NOT store damp or wet items in plastic bags because mold can grow